Act Fast: Understanding and Treating Sudden Hearing Lossbent
- Seek medical attention: If you experience sudden hearing loss, go to an emergency room or see an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor as soon as possible. Time is of the essence in treating sudden hearing loss.
- Avoid loud noises: Until you have seen a doctor, avoid loud noises that could make the condition worse.
- Rest and relax: Try to stay calm and rest until you can see a doctor. Stress can make sudden hearing loss worse.
- Avoid ear cleaning: Do not attempt to clean your ears, as this can cause further damage.
- Be prepared to provide medical history: Be ready to provide your doctor with information about your medical history, any medications you are taking, and any recent illnesses or injuries.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions: Your doctor may prescribe medications or recommend other treatments to help restore your hearing. Follow their instructions closely.